Plug Flow Reactor
In an ideal Plug Flow Reactor (PFTR) there is no mixing in the direction of flow and complete mixing
perpendicular to direction of flow. Concentration of reactants varies along the length of reactor but
not in radial direction. This set-up is used to study a non-catalytic homogeneous reaction under ambient
Plug Flow Reactor
The set up consists of two feed tanks through which two reactants are fed to the reactor.
Rotameters are provided to measure the individual flow of Chemicals. The flow rate can be
adjusted by operating the needle valves provided on respective Rotameter. The compressed air
is used for circulation of feed. A straight tube type reactor kept horizontally and inclined
upward at outlet from where samples are collected for analysis. Pressure Regulator, Pressure Gauge
and Safety Valve are fitted in the compressed air line.
UTILITIES REQUIRED :
- Sponification Reaction Study in straight tube Plug Flow Reactor.
- To determine Reaction Rate Constant.
TECHNICAL DETAILS :
- Compressed Air Supply at 2 Bar, 0.5 CFM.
- Water Supply.
- Instruments, Laboratory Glassware and Chemicals required for analysis as per the system adopted.
- Reactor:Material Borosilicate Glass, OD-32mm, ID-25mm,Length-1200mm
- Feed Tank (2Nos.):Material Stainless Steel, Capacity - 20 Ltrs.
- Feed Circulation:By compressed air.
- Flow Measurement:Rotameter 2 Nos. (one each for Reactants).
- Piping:Stainless Steel and PVC
- Pressure Regulator:0-2 Kg/cm2.
- Pressure Gauge:Bourdon type 0-2 Kg/cm2.
- Stop Watch:Electronic.
- Instruction Manual:An ENGLISH instruction manual will be provided alongwith the Apparatus
- The whole unit is assembled rigidly on a base plate and mounted on a stand.
- Most of the parts are powder coated and rest are painted with auto paints.